‘All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. ‘ John 6:37
I have a question. If Mr. Bloomberg, the millionaire, walks up to you and says, “don’t worry about anything from now on. I’ll take care of you,” how would you feel? He’s got a lot of cash and has promised to set you up for life. You’ll probably quit your job and retire forever. However, with everything human, there are downsides.
- He is human and can change his mind
- You would have to live according to his terms, no matter how they suit you or don’t suit
- His goal is to take care of or provide for you, regardless of how you are doing. He doesn’t have to be your friend or worry about your problems. His connection to you is the promised paycheck.
- If he dies, his promise may or may not die with him.
That’s a chaotic life right there.
On the other hand, Jesus said that if we come to him, that means we were given by the Father, and he will take care of us. God has led us into the sheepfold, and the shepherd of our souls has got us. What does that mean?
- He is God and does not change his mind.
- His terms are lighter than the ones we get from life.
- The shepherd will provide the following (Psalm 23):
- For our needs
- At his death, the promise was sealed to last for eternity. God’s promises are activated over our lives and the lives of future generations after us that also believe. It’s like a never-ending contract.
Here, there is peace because we know that God cannot lie, all we need to do is have faith. With Christ, there are no downsides, you’re going up all the way. No matter who or what we are, Jesus can take care of every aspect of our lives. Have faith and see.
Till next time, be transformed!!