“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.” Proverbs 3:5-8 NKJV
Thank God for His grace.
Today, we will compare scripture verses to understand some concepts better. I will break down Proverbs 3:5-8 before I introduce another set later.
Proverbs 3:5-8 advises that we do the following:
- Trust in the Lord with all our heart
- Do not lean on our understanding
- To acknowledge God in all our ways and He will direct your paths
- Not to be wise in our own eyes/ not to follow what makes sense to us
- To fear the Lord, and to depart from evil, which would keep us healthy and robust (the supernatural kind)
“Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding; For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. Length of days is in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who retain her. The LORD by wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens;” Proverbs 3:13-19 NKJV
From the verses above, the gains of wisdom and understanding are:
- A quality of life that is better and higher than what the profits of silver and gold can provide
- Length of days
- Riches and honor
- Pleasantness – splendor/grace
- They are from the Lord
All over the world, there is news of one calamity or the other. There is the COVID-19, the flood in different areas, and the downturn in the financial situation across the globe. Today, I heard about locusts in Kenya, and I put a pillow over my face. Don’t forget that we also have personal issues to deal with, jobs, and the environment around us.
We are encouraged today to trust God with ALL our hearts. When the news breaks, when life happens, when situations arise, trust God with your ALL. You know why? I’ll tell you.
- No matter how the situation looks, you don’t have the full picture, only God does. He has seen the end of that situation from the beginning and asks us to trust Him without fear.
- His wisdom and understanding are higher than ours. He can direct us aright; if we lay our plans before Him in trust.
- Where has the great wisdom of man gotten us…
- The healer assures you of health and strength in your body beyond human comprehension.
- We are assured of all the blessings from Proverbs 3:13-19. For we walk not in our own wisdom, but in God’s.
- Don’t forget that the one who founded the earth and established the heavens, can build your life up, with no help from you.
With this post, I am challenging the wisdom of the world or of man. It appears not to be effective at the moment. What the world lacks, God owns. Where the world is blind, He sees. The world has proven unworthy of our trust, Jesus died to prove that He can be trusted. He can cover all inefficiencies without lifting a finger, need I go on? Imagine it, the wisdom that founded the earth and the understanding that established it is available to you and me.
He dwells in the spiritual, He is supernatural. It’s time we left natural things, let’s seek and trust.
Till next time, be transformed!!